To Change Yahoo Password can be necessitated by a number of reasons. It could be that your password has been compromised, or that the current one is too complicated for you to remember or you feel your password is not secure enough.
Whatever reasons you have for wanting to change your password, we have you covered in this article as we take you thru the steps of how to Change Yahoo Password both on desktop and mobile.
How To Change Yahoo Password on Desktop
The steps below will be taking you through the process you need to Change Yahoo Password on desktop
- Tap open Yahoo Mail, by scrolling to https://mail.yahoo.com/ in your computer browser. This will pop open your Yahoo inbox as long as you are already logged into your Yahoo account.
- In case you are not already logged in, type in your email address and tap the “Next” button, thereafter, type in your password and tap “Sign in” before you go ahead.
- Tap your name button, which is your name and profile picture in the upper-right side of the window. A drop-down menu will pop up
3. Tap on “Account Info”, this is the link below your name in the drop-down menu. This will pop open the Account page.
4. Tap on “Account Security”, this is the tab on the left side of the page.
5. Re-enter your login information, by entering your email address. Tap on “Next”, to fill in your recent password, and tap “Sign In”
- In case you’ve recently logged into your Yahoo account, you may not be required to log in again6. Tap the “Change Password” link, which is at the upper-right side of the page. This will direct you the password creation page.
- Fill in your new password twice, by typing in your new password into the “New password” text box, thereafter, retype it into the “Confirm Password” text box.
- Both entries must tally, for to you proceed
- Double check your password by checking the “Show Password” box
- Tap “Continue”, which is the blue button at the bottom of the page
- You may be asked to tap a blue “Looks good” tab before you proceed.
- Tap “Ok, got it” when asked. Doing this will confirm that your password change was successful and navigate you through your inbox
How To Change Yahoo Password on Mobile
Below are the steps you need to follow to successfully Change Yahoo Password
- Click open Yahoo Mail app, by clicking the “Yahoo Mail” app icon, which appears like a purple box with the phrase “Yahoo Mail” and a white envelope on it. This pops open your Yahoo inbox if you’re logged in.
In case you are not logged in already to the Yahoo Mail app, click “Have a Yahoo Account?. Sign in at the bottom of the screen ( or, on Android, click Yahoo Mail) fill in your email address, click at the bottom of the screen (or, on Android, tap Yahoo Mail), fill in your email address, click “Next”, fill in your password, and click “Sign in”
In case you are logged out and can’t remember your password, jump to the next method. In case you are already logged in, you can easily reset the password from Yahoo Mail settings without having to know the old password.
2. Click the three lines icon, which is at the top-left corner of the screen (iPhone) or the search bar (Android). This will prompt open a menu.
- Click “Manage Accounts”, which is close to the top of the pop-out menu. This will prompt open a list of currently signed-in accounts.
4. Locate your account name, in the list of signed-in accounts, and locate the name of the account for which you want to effect the change of password.
5. Click “Account Info”, this is the link below the name of the account whose password you desire to change.
6. Click the “Security Settings”, tab, which is in the middle of the page
7. Type in your phone’s passcode or Touch ID. If you are asked, scan your Touch ID or fill in your phone’s passcode. Based on the type of phone that you have, you may not be required to do this.
8. Click “Change Password”, this is the link at the upper-right corner of the page
9. Click “I would rather change my password”, which is the grey link at the bottom of the page. This will open the password creation page.
In case you didn’t have to scan your Touch ID or fill in a passcode, you may have to click a checkbox titled “I’m not a robot” and thereafter click “Continue” before you proceed.
- Create a new password, by typing in your new password into the “New password” text field, thereafter, re-type the password into the “Confirm new password” text field. This will ensure that you don’t accidentally mistype your password.
- Click “Continue”, this is the blue tab at the bottom of the screen. This will instantly reset your Yahoo Mail password and direct you to the inbox page.
In case you use Yahoo’s email services on a desktop, you will be asked to sign back into your Yahoo account with this new password the next time you use the service.
With this, you can have your yahoo account secured with a password that grants you access anytime you need to access your account without so much fuss.