Facebook password is put in place to secure a user’s account from being hacked or compromised. This password can be a string, words, or characters which enables a user to prove their right to access a Facebook account.
It is highly advised that a Facebook password be known only to the user or any other authorized user validated by the user, in order to prevent the account from being compromised.
A Facebook user will be required to enter his/her password before gaining access into the account, except the user is permanently logged in, thus your password should be simple enough to be remembered but complex for people to easily guess.
Guide to Creating a Secure Facebook Password
Before you proceed to create a Facebook password here are a few things you need to consider;
Passwords can vary in length and can contain letters, numbers and also special characters which makes it unique. Other terms that can be used interchangeably also are passphrase for when the password uses more than one word, and a passcode and passkey for when the password uses only numbers in place of mixed characters, such as personal identification number.
Requirements for creating a secure Facebook password
- Requires a minimum length of eight characters with a limit of anywhere from 16 to 64 characters or if possible higher.
- Inclusion of both uppercase and lowercase letters with case sensitivity
- Uses at least one number
- Making use of at least one special character
Mistakes to avoid when creating a Facebook Password
Whilst creating a Facebook password, a user should guard against using certain recognizable personal information; such as birthrates, names of children, or favorite sports teams in your password. Also, a user should guard against using words or phrases that are on a password blacklist. ( i.e.) passwords that are easily cracked which makes them not secure enough to use are the kind of passwords that have been blacklisted.
Avoid dictionary words in any language, words spelled backward, common misspellings, and abbreviations, sequences or repeated characters.
Using strong password means setting a time limit for user passwords, this implies that the password will expire after a set period of time, such as 90 or 180 days which will require the user to create a new password to prevent a reuse of the same couple of passwords.
The risk of creating strong passwords is that they can easily be forgotten. Thus users are usually advised to create passwords that can be easily remembered but not easily cracked.
How to Create a strong Facebook Password
- Make use of at least 14 characters or more
- Use a greater variety of characters in your password
- Make use the entire keyboard, not just the letters and characters you use or see most often
- Create a strong password that you can remember
- Test your password with password checker ( this evaluates your password’s strength automatically)
- Protect your password from prying eyes
- Write down your passwords to avoid forgetting them, but be sure to keep them secure.
Presently, it has been noticed that hacking facebook password has become the order of the day. This is why I can up with this article.
Kindly use it to make use your Facebook account is properly secured and never share the password with anyone.
Have a nice time and see you later